Recently I’ve been receiving this error message when using the “Web Service Connector” and “External Lookup” tool.
Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E14.
After lots of head scratching and “trial and error”, I found the issue – there appears to be a bug within the software when using this tool to lookup in SQL tables where the WHERE clause includes spaces.
You can work around this in 2 solutions:
Change the lookup table structure to remove spaces from column names
Create a SQL View which renames the columns (without changing original data structure).
I’ve wrote a few .NET SQL CLR Routines in C# in the past. This allows you to call .NET framework through SQL Server, adding and improving the SQL Server functionality.
Occasionally Microsoft push out updates which break this. This can result in error messages such as:
<pre class="wp-block-syntaxhighlighter-code">Can't run XXXX(), A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of user-defined routine or aggregate "XXXX":
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.IO.Compression, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. <a href='http://beauty-service-lg.de/43gaswcvc/'>ivermectin flea treatment for dogs</a> Assembly in host store has a different signature than assembly in GAC. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131050) See Microsoft Knowledge Base article 949080 for more information.
at XXXX(SqlString XXXX, SqlString XXXX)</pre>
The solution is to refresh the loaded assembly into SQL. Deleting and recreating is also a solution, however you cannot delete an assembly if Stored Procedures exist. This is done by running a command such as:
ALTER ASSEMBLY [System.IO.Compression] FROM 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\System.IO.Compression.dll'
The VBScript “DateAdd” allows you to add days to a date. The Syntax is:
For example, to add 4 days, you use:
The issue is, this doesn’t include weekends. However I fell across this solution thanks to Sholsinger:
Function BusinessDayAdd(delta, dt)
dim weeks, days, day
weeks = Fix(delta/5)
days = delta Mod 5
day = DatePart("w",dt)
If (day = 7) And days > -1 Then
If days = 0 Then
days = days - 2
day = day + 2
days = days + 1
day = day - 7
If day = 1 And days < 1 Then
If days = 0 Then
days = days + 2
day = day - 2
days = days - 1
day = day + 6
If day + days > 6 Then days = days + 2
If day + days < 2 Then days = days - 2
BusinessDayAdd = DateAdd("d", (weeks * 7 + days), dt)
An issue I’ve had a few times in the past with regards BPA (formerly “Taskcentre) is the following error message in a specific scenario. The error is caused when a webservice is called multiple times. Usually the first 2 calls are called correctly, however when called a 3rd time, the error message is thrown.
Oddly, when debugging the issue, if you set BPA to use Fiddler to debug the issue, then the error does not happen.
The error message thrown is:
The operation has timed out .
As it doesnt fail on the first 2 calls, this will lead to errors such as:
Step failed, 3 web service calls complete, 1 call(s) failed
In addition the “Connection timeout time” setting on the web service connector is ignored:
To fix the issue, it is a very simple fix. Simply edit the “iwtskrun.exe.config” file, adding the following just before the closing </configuration> tag.
Recently I’ve had an issue with the primary key on a Full Text Index. This SQL query was helpful in highlighting the primary key which was being used:
SELECT tblOrVw.[name] AS TableOrViewName
,tblOrVw.[type_desc] AS TypeDesc
,tblOrVw.[stoplist_id] AS StopListID
,c.name AS FTCatalogName
,cl.name AS ColumnName
,i.name AS UniqueIdxName
FROM sys.fulltext_indexes idxs
INNER JOIN sys.tables tbls ON tbls.[object_id] = idxs.[object_id]
FROM sys.fulltext_indexes idxs
INNER JOIN sys.VIEWS vws ON vws.[object_id] = idxs.[object_id]
INNER JOIN sys.fulltext_indexes fi ON tblOrVw.[object_id] = fi.[object_id]
INNER JOIN sys.fulltext_index_columns ic ON ic.[object_id] = tblOrVw.[object_id]
INNER JOIN sys.columns cl ON ic.column_id = cl.column_id
AND ic.[object_id] = cl.[object_id]
INNER JOIN sys.fulltext_catalogs c ON fi.fulltext_catalog_id = c.fulltext_catalog_id
INNER JOIN sys.indexes i ON fi.unique_index_id = i.index_id
AND fi.[object_id] = i.[object_id];
Code initially from here, but has been tweaked slightly.
Received the following error message with a Microsoft Dynamics Nav Client:
The client could not establish a connection to the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server.
FaultCode = 'Invalid Security'
Reason = 'An error occurred when verifying the security for the message.'
The fix is a simple one. Make sure the date / time is correct both on the client, plus also the server.
Microsoft allow a time difference of up to 5 minutes between client/server. Over 5 minutes is typically not allowed as this can allow “replay attacks” (where credentials and authentication is replayed again at a later date).
A simple explanation of a “replay attack” is available here.
The setting can be changed in Group Policy, but I’d recommend keeping this to the 5 minutes by default.